Comprehensive Radiology Technology Infrastructure
Our experience coupled with our commitment to staying at the forefront of technology, legislation, and compliance, allows us to anticipate and address your needs. Whether you are seeking support for a small project or in need of consultation for complex business operations, our expert team is the resource your practice deserves.
- ELAN (Ethernet Local Area Network) connection to primary and satellite facilities
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection to modalities
- Secure, Web-Based connection for remote viewing
- HL7 integration with any compatible RIS or EHR
- Ability to create DICOM modality worklists
- Disaster Recovery including study replication, back-up servers, and minimal downtime
Through our vendor relationships, DRA can facilitate IT support and maintenance, including:
- PACS administration
- VPN connectivity
- Physical infrastructure guidance and support
- Operating system and software updates
- Application level support
- Display protocol
- Firewall configuration and anti-virus program maintenance
- Performance improvement
- Workflow guidance and support
- Expanded storage capability
PACS and VNA Solutions
DRA seeks to offer the highest value services to those we serve. Our Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) offers easy and reliable access to images and reports, providing digital continuity and collaboration that results in greater peace of mind.
The benefit of these services extends far beyond the radiology community. DRA's archiving platform provides a standards-based architecture for database management, long-term storage, disaster recovery and secure lifecycle management of data from multiple imaging and non-imaging applications, including but not limited to the following specialties:
- Radiology Practices
- Family Practices
- Urgent Care Centers
- Medical Examiner/Police
Partner with Dominion Radiology Associates
The viewing capability of the Sectra® solution is not limited to just DICOM images but includes all multimedia types such as JPEG, BMP, videos, and others making it a long- term solution extending across multiple specialties.
Images/studies and reports are securely stored in DRA’s PACS/VNA with a backup stored at designated disaster recovery sites. In radiology, after a study has been completed and report signed off by a radiologist, it intuitively migrates from PACS to the VNA system for archiving and long-term use. Historical studies may be retrieved by simply entering a patient’s name or ID with no limitation on whether the study was performed weeks or years ago.
Solutions through PACS
- Primary read and over-read services
- Seamless, large-volume, image information sharing management
- Non-proprietary, interchangeable storage system integration
- Store and view images from all modalities
- UniViewer® – zero footprint viewer for stored data including:
- DICOM images
- Non-DICOM images
- Supports 3D viewing capability
- Scanned lab results when included with a study
Dominion Radiology Associates uses Sectra PACS/VNA solution which includes IDS7®workstation and a zero-footprint viewer called UniViewer®.
Sectra IDS7® is a high-end PACS Workstation that provides powerful diagnostic tools and ensures access to all data (studies and reports) from anywhere in the country. IDS7® is launched using Internet Explorer (IE) only.
For reliable, long-term storage, DRA’s VNA service offers a streamlined retrieval solution. Images, videos, and all other reports are maintained in a cloud-based VNA and easily retrievable regardless of the front end PACS system being utilized. Even if a customer changes their front end PACS solution, there is no impact to their long-term storage through our VNA solution.
Upon request, DRA’s VNA solution can also be uniquely configured in such a way that a client’s data can be segregated from the rest of the data in the VNA. This customized configuration compartmentalizes the data making it easily migratable in the future should the need arise.